Sunday, September 28, 2008
08-23-08 Started paper chasing
08-29-08 Received documents from Home Study Agency
09-03-08 Nancy's initial interview with Psychologist
09-04-08 Talley's initial interview with Psychologist
09-08-08 Hand delivered application and with paperwork to home study Agency (LSSS)
09-09-08 Nancy's physical exam
09-11-08 LSSS cashed check
09-11-08 Sent Application to Placement Agency (Adopolis)
09-11-08 Fourth wedding anniversary
09-17-08 Talley's physical exam
09-19-08 First Home Study (Talley's and couple's interview)
09-20-08 Last Home Visit (Nancy's interview, home inspection)
09-27-08 Started Hague training (7 hours)
09-28-08 Finished Hage training (3 hours)
10-03-08 Talley's psychological test
10-17-08 Nancy's psychological test
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Our social worker emailed me yesterday to let us know that the first draft for our homestudy should be ready tomorrow Friday.. yes!
The Hague Convention on Intercountry Adoption is an international agreement between participating countries on best adoption procedures. These procedures have basically two goals in mind:
- The best interest of children are considered with each intercountry adoption.
- The prevention of abduction, exploitation, sale, or trafficking of children.
The guidelines and procedures that are set forth in the Hague Convention are also for the protection of birth families, as well as adoptive families. Part of the Convention's guidelines ensures that one Central Authority is in place in each country so that adoptive parents get the most accurate information regarding adoption. The Department of State is the U.S. Central Authority for the Convention.
Saturday, September 20, 2008
- Talley got me flowers, beautiful!!!! The same color that I picked for him in our wedding.
- I had a job interview for a different position in the same company. I'm still waiting to hear back from them.
- We mailed the application out for the adoption agency.
- The home study agency cashed our check.
- We had a romantic dinner in a nice restaurant downtown. Talley picked it and it was really good!
Friday, September 19, 2008
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Friday, September 5, 2008
How did we pick them? First of all, we coudn't find any negative review about them. Second, they have been working with Colombian adoptions forever! And third, it was recommended. When I talked to the lady in charge of the program she was very nice, and made me feel comfortable. I did not have to leave a message in a machine like with a whole bunch of other agencies!
So, here are our partners for adoption:
Home Study Agency: Lutheral Social Services of the South
Adoption Agency: Adopolis
BTW, we already had our interviews with the psychologist... we only need a test and we are done with him!
Thursday, September 4, 2008
- We have wonderful friends and neighbors who have agree to write personal recommendations for us. They are mailing the letters out to our home study agency. OMG! I'm so excited that this is happening. A lot of people are helping us to have a kid.
- On the other hand, I got an email from my mom. She is still trying to figure out how to adopt in Venezuela. I wish there is a hope to do it there, but we know it is very difficult.
- I had an interview with the psychologist yesterday. Today is Talley's turn. Hopefully he will declare us ready to be parents!
- We got news today that Talley's birth certificate is on its way!!!!
- I have a doctor appointment next week to get the physical test. It will even include a drug test!!! Talley's will have to be done the following week.
- I keep trying to contact agencies for the adoption. There is an slide chance that we will be able to do a semi-independent adoption! Yes!!! I hope this happen.
- I stopped in Half books yesterday and got two books about how to raise a toddler. We may not have one for two years, but hey! it is never too soon to be ready.
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Materials needed for Home Study with Lutheran Social Services of South
1. Applications - Done
2. Directions for reaching home - Done, the agency is 5 minutes from our house!
3. Medical forms on each member of the family - Need to get the appointments.
4. Autobiography - Half done
5. Marriage and Parental questionnaires. - Almost done
6. Clear snapshots of all family members. - Working on that this weekend.
7. Photo of the front of the residence and proposed outdoor play area for children. - Waiting for prints of the front of the house and need to take picture of outdoor play area.
8. Budget sheet. - Done
9. Copy of marriage certificate. - Done
10. Proof of citizenship. - Done
11. Reference letters. - On their way
12. Statement verifying employment and salary. - On their way (HR will send them tomorrow)
13. Copy of front page of most current tax return. - Done
14. A photo release permitting the sharing of information and pictures in the management program. - Done
15. Financial agreement with a check (application fee). - Done
16. Authorization for Criminal History & Child Abuse Record Check. - Done
17. A copy of the driver’s license and SS card. - Done
18. Copy of each applicant’s birth certificate. - Missing Talley's... waiting for delivery
19. A floor plan of the house, identifying the dimensions and purposes of each room in our home. - Done
20. Firearms Safety Verification. - Done
21. Statement verifying we received a whole bunch of information from the Agency! - Done
PS: I almost forgot to mention, but we need an agency to proceed with the adoption process. So we are hunting for one now!