I had my psychological test done yesterday. A full four hours with the psychologist! It even included an IQ test! I have to draw a couple of pictures, form figures with blocks, say the meaning of words! (that was difficult considering that English is my second language!).
The best part was the questionnaire (True/false) with more than five hundred questions!!!! that was the Minnesota Multiphasic personality Inventory-2. These were some of the questions:
- I like mechanics magazines
- I have a good appetite
- I wake up fresh & rested most mornings
- I think I would like the work of a librarian
- I am easily awakened by noise
- I like to read newspaper articles on crime
- My hands and feet are usually warm enough
- My daily life is full of things that keep me interested
- I am about as able to work as I ever was
- There seems to be a lump in my throat much of the time
- A person should try to understand his dreams and be guided by or take warning from them
- I enjoy detective or mystery stories
- I work under a great deal of tension
- I have diarrhea once a month or more
- Once in a while I think of things too bad to talk about
- I am sure I get a raw deal from life
- My father was a good man
- I am very seldom troubled by constipation
- When I take a new, I like to be tipped off on whom should be gotten next to
- My sex life is satisfactory
So yes, they ask about EVERYTHING!!! And not only once but like 10 times in different words!!! Recommendation: stick to the true during the entire test, after question #200 you will not remember what you reply previously!
Why do we have to have all these done? Simple, they want to make sure we are smart and sane enough to have a kid! How many people who has biological children will pass this test? Who knows... I'm not even sure that we will pass it!!!!
On the other hand, I'm having some issues getting my background check in Venezuela. The person who was doing it is asking me for an outrageous amount of money! I wish we were rich, but we are not! Anyway, lets see what happen next.
That is it! These are all the new news about adoption... stay tune!