Monday, June 7, 2010

USCIS renewal

I realize that it has been a while since I updated this blog with our adoption news.

Well, not many things are going on about adoption, other that we have been approved by the USCIS to adopt up to two kids from Colombia. This is good news but not the end of this part of the road. We have to send the HS appostilled to Colombia ICBF to get their approval and to enter another waiting list. I will get to get the apostille this week, then send it to our agency and get it translated and delivered to ICBF.

My best guess now is to become parents by 2012, even that in my heart I hope to get a referral by the end of next year. I can always dream, right?

So, on the meantime, we have been busy with our new house!!! We found this place with great schools, playground in the community, and what it looks to be nice neighbors. And just 5 minutes away from the office! Other than that, we have been very busy with work, work, and work.

See u next time!

3 comments:

Steve and Laura said...

Hi! Carmen's mom here :) It seems like you've had a very long wait. Are you using an agency?

Nancy said...

Hi Laura!

I love reading how Carmen is growing up! She is such a sweet girl.
We are using an agency: Adopolis, and we are adopting from ICBF. So the wait may be long, but well worthed as you know :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Carmen, I am also in process of adopting a child from Colombia. Is adopolis a good option? I have not read a lot about them on the internet. How has your experience been with them so far? Thank you so much for any help! you can e-mail me to: diversityorders@comcast.net