Thursday, November 20, 2008

I800A

I800a form is on its way to Chicago!!!
Talley reviewed the form yesterday, we re-read our home study to make sure we were really approve to have a child. All the documents were attached.

After considering several times how to send the document out, I though about doing it via USPS. They have never lost one of my packages, and they are usually on time with delivery. So right when I was turning to the street where the postal office is it at, I though that I don't want to take the risk with this important document, so I went to the UPS distribution center (very close to the postal office). There this beautiful lady took my package and told me that it will be there on Monday!. I felt so good sending this out that I went to Starbucks to get a White Chocolate Mocha to celebrate. When I arrive home I realized that I didn't put the money order on the envelope to USCIS!! OMG! I was freaking out. Without the money order, they will not do ANYTHING and things may get delayed just for that. So I called their customer service to ask them not to ship the package, and the lady told me to go back to the office that should not be any problem. I got there, explained to the lady what happened, and she without any problem got my package back, opened, got a new envelope, printed a new sticker, put the documents inside with the money order. No problems no delays!!!

I'm sure that if I tried to do the same with USPS it would be impossible because I usually use their kiosk and nobody should be able to help me. God is in our side in this journey, and he made me change my mind about the courier right in time!

I LOVE UPS! I will be there very often with adoption documents!

2 comments:

La Familia said...

Hello,
We came across your blog through other adoption blogs and saw that you had our adoption blog on your list. How funny how we all cross paths in the adoption community. Good luck to you throughout the process and if you have any questions at all, please don't hesitate to contact us. It is the most wonderful experience even with all of the paperwork, etc...And YES!!! you will be very close with the people at UPS as we were with Fed Ex. Take care and may God Bless!
Warmly,
La Familia Baumgardner

Nancy said...

Thank you!!!! This sure it is a HUGE adventure :)